About us

Naijao3 is a news website that provides current news from around the globe in areas such as music, entertainment, sports, video and politics. Its articles are written by experienced journalists and only authentic news is published on Naijao3.

Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury could earn £100m in Battle of Britain clash

Eddie Hearn has said that Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury could make over £100million each if they are to have a Battle of Britain clash next year.

Fury and Joshua had been locked in talks over a Battle of Britain bout last year but discussions broke down after the Gypsy King grew impatient.

Fury decided to move on and secure a bout with former UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou, while AJ fought against Robert Helenius.

However, Hearn is adamant a fight between the pair will happen after Fury fights Oleksandr Usyk and AJ takes on Deontay Wilder.

If Fury and AJ win those bouts, Hearn said they will be in line to make over £100m for a Battle of Britain bout next year.

Hearn told The Overlap’s Stick To Football podcast with Sky Bet: “They will make over £100m each. If Fury beats Usyk and AJ beats Wilder, they’ll make over £100m each. That’s when it starts to become easy because, well, come on lads.”

When asked whether he thinks the bout between AJ and Fury will actually get over the line, Hearn said: “I think they will fight and I think it will be the biggest fight of all-time. But, you just never know with Fury. Fury could hang him up.

“I don’t think Fury is over the moon to fight Usyk. He just knows it’s a really tough fight. I think Fury wins and I think Fury thinks he wins but he knows how good Usyk is.

“But, they came up with the money and if they come up with the money he will fight. He thinks he can take AJ too. But, he might take the money from the Usyk fight and go missing.”

Fury and Joshua had been locked in talks over a Battle of Britain bout last year but discussions broke down after the Gypsy King grew impatient waiting for AJ to sign the contract.

Negotiations over the highly-anticipated bout had been ongoing for months before both parties declared the fight – which was scheduled to take place on December 3, 2022 – was officially off the cards.

The Gypsy King said he was furious at AJ for ‘wasting his time’ and stated he would never fight the 32-year-old in the future as a result. However, Fury made a shock U-turn just a couple of months later and returned to the negotiating table.

He took to social media to tell his fans that Queensbury had sent AJ a draft contract. His caption read: “A few days ago I sent a draft contract to Anthony Joshua for a fight in September.

Omolewa

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.